Thursday 6 June 2013

Textile Workshops at Just Imagine...


I've posted here before about my absolute favourite Independent bookshop, Just Imagine in Chelmsford, but I just wanted to share with you some exciting textile workshops I'm running there. I know I've said it before, but it is such a wonderful place, they always have the most amazing books, workshops and events. I feel so lucky to have it as our local bookshop, and I'm beyond thrilled to be working with them! I'm doing a series of workshops called Textile Talent. I started by doing a decorating a cushion session (the finished cushions were amazing! Wish I had more photos - we had smiley faces, skulls, a friendly cat and turtle pattern all adorning beautifully designed cushions, I was so impressed with the design skills of the children who came!):


Followed by a making your own Springtime bunting - this was such a lovely session, we used simple applique techniques to decorate brightly coloured bunting with felt. One thing I also enjoy about being at Just Imagine is the lovely atmosphere you get while making, I had lovely conversations with the girls who did this workshop about the St.Clare's books by Enid Blyton (one of my favourites). The following photos are from a very talented Georgia who was at the workshop, I think you'll agree her bunting is so gorgeous and I'm so glad that she now has it proudly displayed in her room. Many thanks to Georgia and her mum for letting me use these pictures.



The next session I'm doing is, how to create an applique notebook cover. Here's a little sample one I've made - the workshop will be led by the children that come, so I can't wait to see what kind of things they want to apply to their notebooks :) to book a place on the workshop please visit the Just Imagine website: http://www.justimaginestorycentre.co.uk











No comments:

Post a Comment